Oversees technical processing of materials and data entry of library records. Prepare library materials for processing and making them shelf ready. Responsible for the determination of placement, genre and classifications of library materials within the collection. Oversees all aspects of the physical processing of library materials including supervising of assistants. Assesses, inventories, discards, and processes collections with collaboration with other staff. Responsible for overseeing entering original and copycat bibliographic records that are added to, deleted, and/or corrected in the Library’s local automated system. Manage circulation status for materials in homebound delivery. Weeding of assigned collection areas.
Library Reference Duties:
* Assist patrons (over the phone and in person) in locating information.
Including: Search SDL databases by author, title, subject. Locate items on shelf
* Search ILL database for material and place orders. Place items on hold.
* Review library materials and Internet resources for answers to specific
questions, directions maps, etc.
* Schedule Internet times, monitor Internet use and troubleshoot computer
* Assist and train patrons in the use of library equipment such as Internet
computers, microfilm reader/printer.
Other Assigned Duties may include:
Fill-in at circulation desk as needed. Including:
· Retrieving books from book drop, checking materials in and out, handling fines and lost materials, reshelve materials, assist patrons with copy machine, and send faxes.
· Assists with library promotion and services as assigned.
· Keeps Director informed as to project progression, needs and outcomes.
· Selection and ordering of material in a designated subject.
· Other duties as assigned that work towards the mission and goals of the library.
· Process ILL materials for delivery, circulation and recordkeeping.
This list may not be inclusive of the total scope of job functions to be performed. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or modified at any time.
Working conditions and physical demands:
Physical requirements include ability to move around the facility, walk, sit, bend, climb, kneel, carry and stoop; Ability to use hand and finger motion with enough manual dexterity to use computers and handle library items; Lift up to 25#, or greater with assistance; and perform other efforts as identified with normal library work; must have the ability to communicate with patrons effectively; having the ability to talk with clarity, and be able to listen to patrons accurately; Must have specific vision abilities (adjusted) that include close and distance vision with good depth perception; reasonable accommodations may be available; Typing ability and computer skills are essential.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred; Must have sufficient reading and comprehension skills to perform the functions of the reference and circulation desks.
Experience: Prior cataloging responsibilities or related detail-oriented database management, and Customer Service experience strongly preferred.